A heartbreaking story of a toddler who died of an opioid overdose, as told by her loving Grandmother, Dee.
Born June 17, 2017, Amelia was full of joy and potential, but her mother struggled with addiction.
Amelia discovered what she thought to be candy… and died of carfentanil poisoning on February 21, 2019 — before reaching her 2nd Birthday. She was the first of three to perish this way; all from Cambridge, Ontario; all the same age.
For more videos of lived experience with opioids, visit our YouTube channel.